Thursday 3 July 2008

Random Rants

The past fortnight has been exasperating. I have never felt so low and down till date as I am feeling now. It had been really harrowing and I am still in the process of getting out of it.
This phase of irritation and low feeling started when a colleague of mine started poking me with stupid questions as to why I chat long hours with a blogger friend of mine. That was none of her business and I told her that straight. But she was not the kind who would understand. She realised that only after a blast from me. Some peole are just incorrigible. How many ever times you tell them not to involve in others personal stuff they keep being nosey about it.
Last friday we had this bday treat and it was supposed to be fun. But then later I really had to repent the fact that I played spoilsport in the treat but I had no other go. Now I am the fun kind. I don get provoked easily but sometimes I do get on my nerves and then im uncontrollable. It so happened that day.A colleague of mine kept commenting on me and I was the scapegoat that day. I too was laughing until they started speaking "beyond limits". And then I expressed my dislike in the most fierce way I could ever speak.People around started staring at me but I care a damn about it. I yelled at them and then walked out of Planet Yumm. I still feel guilty for doing that.Why is it so???
That was not the end. I was blasted at by my "superiors" for almost everything like reading blogs, using IM, and also I was at the receiving end of a sermon on "how to be professional"!! I really dont understand what is wrong in using all of them when I really don have any work to do??

The only good thing that had happened in the recent past is that I happened to buy quite a lot of books after a long time.I laid my hands on a set of PGW at an unbelievable price and also bought a few others like the Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini, The Namesake,Intrepreter of maladies by Jhumpa Lahiri though I couldn't get Unaccustomed Earth.Also I bagged a few tamil books by Jayakanthan and Sujatha from a friend of mine.
I have been beaming at the mere sight of so many books spread all across my house and I intend to finish all of them by this weekend. I think the only thing that can bring down my stress levels and keep me sane are books. I love them absolutely and yesterday I resolved that I would atleast spend 5% of my salary on books.
My laptop dreams are becoming far-fetched day by day. I am becoming extremely hopeless in terms of money day by day... no that should be month by month.!! These days my bank balance has stooped to such low levels that by the end of every month I borrow money from my brother who is still in school!!!I wonder if my dreams would ever be fulfilled....I wish someone sponsors my laptop.!!! Sigh..I know thats going to be a dream....I think I am growing desperate here. Will stop my rant here as its time for dinner and yeah thanks for reading the whole thing( that is if you are still reading)!!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man...so much happened eh?? Life doesn't allow us to be spared from such incorrigible ppl, does it?
They cant do something good, and think even others are indulged in what they feel is not right! Ironical Heights!!
You walked out of that place?? The limit must have been smashed like a peice of glass, for u to take such a step!! Hmmm...
For something to happen, time should come...May be thats the case when it comes to the laptop...so hold on to the dream, it will one day come true!
Books as they say, are the best companion...keep reading! :D
Life is all about being cheerful...just go bang bang!! :D

GoodEarth said...

Hey that was a nice post Suji! so candid! life's been treating you badly last week? hmmm... it is always good to give your piece of mind to such "deserving" souls once in a while! one can be jovial& fun-loving & all tha.... but one has to alwys draw te line somewhere....

You borrow money from your brother at school? Poor fellow!! gives you all the money, he's saved up for his monthly treat of toffees!! Grow up girl! :-)

That was quite a nice read Suji! Keep writing :-)

GoodEarth said...

btw, why are you moderating all the comments? cant you let us publish them right away?

GoodEarth said...

btw, why are you moderating all the comments? cant you let us publish them right away?

Sujatha said...

@Sreeram,

Yeah somepeople are just incorrigible!!

And as to the laptop, Sigh!!! I am somuch intodebtsthat I think I will settle for a desktop:-(

Sujatha said...

@UPS,

My brother is gets quite a big amount as pocket money and I think there is nothing wrong in sparing some of it for a poor sister like me!!!

Yeah would keep writing and torturing people around me!!

As to comment moderation "AS you say so shall it be" No more comment moderation!!!

GoodEarth said...

Gee thanks Suj! :-)

thulasi said...

honey.if u continue eating like this then u wont be having the desktop too.u really sound like a disturbed,desperate house wife who have to ask her hubby 4 everything.........
for godsake u idiot u r earning now... do remember that

on reading this post one thing is damn clear u r really suffering frm that phobiaaaaaaaaaaa