Friday 18 April 2008

Memorable Days- Part 1

What I intend to write here is a mystery to myself. I just wanted to put down a few words about a very trivial weekend day in my life. Rather our life. The word ‘Our’ because this also involves another person; someone very close to my heart. Someone who is like a mirror to me, who thinks, acts and believes in a way very much similar to mine. In short – “The Love of my Life” (At Present!!!!). When I reflect back I would say the best moments of my life, even though they are short in terms of time, were spent with this aforementioned person.

When I type this out I am amazed at my talent of dragging a subject without getting into the core content of it. Wonder where I got it from. May be during college cos that was where I practiced this skill to perfection!!!!!! Anyways I am talking about Thulasi here.
I happen to know her from the time I landed up in Chennai that’s roughly in 1999 and since then we have been great buddies. It has been 8 long years but it didn’t seem long.
There is not a single mall or theatre that we have not been to. For the cause of lacking in terms of brevity I would say the most clichéd words, we are best friends.

The day that I am about to talk about is 13th April – a Sunday. Both of us had planned to go to Dakshin Chitra on Saturday and the plan bombed as she was ‘academically inclined’ that day.
@ Thulasi: I know it’s a great sin to say Ur academically inclined, but your orientation towards studies deserves another post in itself. So I ll stop it here.

Well, we then planned to go to Odyssey on Sunday. Not that it’s the place I shop for books, music and other greeting card stuff; honestly speaking I am always hopeless in terms of money. But then she had some gift voucher to be redeemed and I gleefully agreed to join her. And then we had plans of going to the Ayyapan temple in Anna Nagar and if time permits to anna nagar tower park too.

At sharp 9 am in the morning we started off. Spent some 4 hours in Odyssey browsing through books, DVDs’ and cards. And then headed to Saravana Bhavan for a wholesome meal (Plus a burn in her pocket!), Dropped the plan of going to the temple and straightaway went off to the park.

The time we spent there was one of the most precious ones I suppose. Some 6 hours.
We talked about everything under the sun- the fact that its imp we do a job that we are passionate about, how nice it would be if we were able to make decisions all by ourselves without being ‘influenced’, my desire to be a primary school English teacher, her wish of studying forensic science, our thoughts of working in a bookshop, in Sathyam Cinemas vending tickets(My fav), in a bar (that was her idea, not mine), being a social activist, a special educationist, a detective what not…And also how it would be to be a housewife!!!!!!!

We discussed about the way people ‘brand’ u when you speak your ‘heart out’, the way we face contempt for wearing what we like (inspite of it being decent),what we do, what we choose in almost every aspect of life. We discussed about getting married, the pros and cons of it, the way we look at relationships, about people, their tendencies a hell lot of topics.

Our watches said its “8 PM”; we wondered how time can pass so soon. We started walking back home and I could realize a sense of contentment in both of us.

When we walked down the streets of Anna Nagar, I could not stop but think,

“Some people just walk into our lives and walk out very easily,
Not realizing the hurt that it would cause.
And then there are some who would stay on forever
Providing us joy
And soothing us in times of sorrow.

And Thulasi is a living example of the above statement.


And before I finish this off, I just remembered these lines which I googled sometime back.


I searched among the card displays,
To see if I could find,
A little something that would say
Just what was on my mind.

However there was not a one,
That captured it just right,
For no one else can understand
Just what I'd like to write.

I shall therefore, be satisfied

That you must simply know,
Just how I feel about you
For with words I cannot show.

Thulasi --------I simply Love u yaar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cos, You are the one person with whom I can be myself!!!!!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

oyeeeeeeeeeee,
i never thought that u will write abt me de.i am touched and so honoured. really a memorable day na one thing i am damn sure u really hav excellent narrating skills .dont let it go just like that .i am expecting more frm u honey

love u
thulasi

Anonymous said...

Wow...dil se post!! :)
Loved the way you narrated the happenings of a single day in just the right number of words!!
Hats off to your and Thulasi's friendship!! :)
Loved the lines you found on google! :D

Sujatha said...

@Gundu aka Thulasi,

Yeah this post is about u and don
worry a bit still"more to come about u and ur crushes,goof ups,may be also about ur handsome brother!!!

Sujatha said...

@Sree,
thanks a lot for visiting!!!And yeah I think I learnt to write dil-se from you!!

Anonymous said...

hmmmm abt my crushes i am very happy but abt my bro......i think u said that he looks like an uncle

Sujatha said...

@Thuls,

Will sometime write about Bro too.... Yeah he might look uncle-like.... But still he is err.. Ahem.. Hot!!
U see there are middle aged in their thirties and still look charming ur bro is an example!!!

Now don go and show this to ur bro!!
I am doomed then!!