Wednesday 16 April 2008

"Facial" Woes

This happened a few months back. I went for a team outing to Pazhaverkadu beach and had a hell lot of fun there. Played in the beach in the basking sun for some 5 hours due to which my already tanned skin turned out to appear to be still more ‘black’. At the fag end of the day me and my friend Ramya looked at ourselves in the mirror and she said “Namma colourkkum pannikutty colourkkum oru difference um illa” (which roughly translates to “there s no difference between us and a black pig in terms of our complexion”). This I know is an insult to pigs because I had always thought pigs looked better than me. And she had said that inspite of being fairer than me. The ‘girl’ in me woke up. I took a secret decision that I would improve my complexion that weekend. The same day I enquired my mom about different kitchen based stuff that can be applied on the face to make it glow( This was absolutely impossible I knew that my face won glow by any chance unless I applied something glittery on it) But anyway I was determined to give it a shot.

The next morning I was all set to go. The recipe…Oops they call it a recipe wen its something related to cooking isn’t it? Well, I had the list of ingredients(whatever!) There were quite a few variety.The following were the stuff to be applied on the face:

Honey, Lemon juice and curd
Milk and turmeric
Besan flour, milk and turmeric

I opted for the third one. Now there are two things to be noticed here. One the atmosphere in my house and the second one the way our kitchen is arranged. As there was no one at home I planned to sing and dance to myself while applying the ‘paste’ on my face. Our kitchen is one mess I would say. As I had very little knowledge in this dept I had a very tough time searching for things. Somehow managed to mix all of them and was ready for the final go. There was ‘Chaiya Chaiya’ song on the radio and that instigated me to break into a dance(My bro says its one of the nastiest things on earth to watch me dance. Well, he must be jealous of my dancing abilities) Now I applied the “thing” on my face and was vigorously shaking a leg. Suddenly I had a burning sensation al over my face and neck and it kept increasing. Initially I chose to ignore it and continued my noble pursuit of dancing. But then at one point of time I found myself jumping out of irritation rather than ‘gracefully’ dancing. I rushed to wash my face. Once I was done with it it looked as red as, say an apple

The Aftermath: I later found out that instead of turmeric I had used Red chilli powder which was the reason for the redness (Or fairness) of my face. I owe this to my mom cos she was the one who had placed turmeric and chilli powder next to one another in the kitchen. The mess that our kitchen is!!!

I had to do quite a lot of things to get rid of the burns. I applied ice, cold water, buttermilk, anything that was supposed to cool and also coffee powder (weird, but still I tried it out), Wiped my face hard with different fabrics, applied powder, what not. At the end of it all I did look a bit reddened up, if not fair. But still there was a difference in complexion and that’s what matters.

P.S: These days I don try out such things and I think I am content with the complexion I have. But whatever beauty I possess is attributed to the ‘chilli powder treatment’ I underwent. Wanna try?????

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

u never told me this story.
thats really bad .anyhow its quite funny dear.but i really appriciate u for getting that fairness somehow
i mean a better complexion

i am really not gonna try that but will recommend for ppl

Anonymous said...

Lolz...and you didn't know the difference between Turmeric powder and Chilli powder? At least the difference between Yellow and Red? :P
Well...don't know about the change in complexion, but you would have danced in a way, you never imagined you could! ;)
Cool post!! :D

Sujatha said...

@Thuls,
Madam my pain is funny for u eh???
Try recommending for people n then u ll ve to face the after effects....

@Sree,
Yeah now I very well know the difference:lol:
And dancing after the 'treatment'was really a siht to watch!!!